Sunday, March 10, 2013

ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW SITE


I am super excited to announce the release of my new online site, Candid L.A. ! I've been dropping hints about opening a new site on my instagram and tumblr, but this is officially the first time I am spilling the info about the shop! Vintage Love's 1 year anniversary is coming up on March 20th, and I had all these ideas about what to do to upgrade things for the new year. Out of nowhere, this brilliant idea came to me... why not step my game up and start an official vintage clothing site?! I decided to go all out and start over again: new name, new site, new collections, new EVERYTHING.

The name: I thought it was time to retire "Vintage Love" and move on to something more original. I was totally blank when it came to coming up with a new name for the site. After weeks of combining hundreds of random words in my head and asking people for help, the word "candid" popped up... I have no idea why I didn't think of it sooner. I absolutely love the word, and if you've ever been with me during my photoshoots, you'd know that I use it a lot. I just love what the word means: characterized by openness and sincerity of expression; genuine. I feel like it perfectly describes the style that I'm trying to portray through my clothes... free and effortless originality. Growing up in Los Angeles county has influenced my personal style in more ways than I can list and although I no longer live in the city, L.A. still continues to inspire me. I recently styled the Opening Lookbook shoot for the site in Downtown L.A. and I was reminded of why I love the place so much. The people, the atmosphere, the vibe, the surroundings... the city just forms a one of a kind character of its own and that's the kind of originality I want to express through Candid L.A. 

The site: The website is still under construction... but the wait is almost over because I'm aiming for the release before or on March 20th! The Lookbook will be released within the next few days!

The clothes: Candid L.A. is a collection of vintage pieces that you won't be able to find any where else. Of course I'll be continuing my signature selection of high waist shorts and bustiers, but I worked extremely hard to find a brand new variety of clothes to add to the site that any vintage lover simply could not resist. I believe quality is above all else, which is why not only are these pieces in exceptional condition, they are also brand name... Levi's, Guess, Jordache, Hilfiger, etc. Let's just say, these upcoming collections are curated to perfection. 

TO RECEIVE AN UDATE WHEN THE WEBSITE DROPS AND UPCOMING NEWS, SEND "UPDATE ME" TO SHOPCANDIDLA@GMAIL.COM <3



0 comments:

Post a Comment