Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"She ball until she fall, that means she shop until she drop."

The next best four letter word after "love" is... "SALE". I just experienced probably one of the greatest shopping experiences of my life... okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it was amazing. This past weekend, Charles and I headed down to LA once again, for some retail therapy. After attending the Yeah Gurl Fall Show featuring Dimepiece last year, I got a taste of the sacred sample sale and desperately wanted more. When I saw a post on IG about Clotheschella last week, I literally wanted to roll around in excitement. The sample sale included brands like Dimepiece, Unif, Deandri, Motel, United Couture, Wildfox, etc. I found so many items at the sale that I've had my eye on online for a while, and I hopped on them right away, because how could I say no to a reduced price? I also had the pleasure of meeting Ann and Linh, the lovely and talented ladies of Animeux Fashion. Within the 5 minutes of meeting each other, we instantly clicked and I can't wait to collab with these gorg gals in the near future.

It gets even better. Moments after penciling in Clotheschella into my planner, I found out that Blogger Bazaar was happening on the same day! It was conveniently located 5 minutes away from the first sale, so of course I had to check it out. I felt like all the good stuff was gone by the time we got there, but I did manage to snatch up a few cute things. I also got to meet one of my fashion inspirations, Aimee Song (songofstyle.com). I have her to thank for hosting such a beautiful event.

It doesn't end there. After just coming down from my shopping "high", Charles and I unexpectedly stumbled upon yet ANOTHER sale, the Northern Grade pop up shop. Sadly it was only menswear, but at least Charles got his turn to pop some tags.

I just love the feeling I get when I'm in LA and every time I'm there, I find a new source of inspiration. While winding down last night after all the excitement, Charles and I made the decision to find the perfect loft for the two of us there. I can already picture it <3



Mink Pink Petting Farm Tank / Forever21 leather shorts / Asos cross belt / Velvet platforms - available soon on candidla.com

1 comments: