Monday, April 8, 2013

A Toast to 3 Years (Anniversary Part 2)

Charles and I reached the milestone of 3 years on March 26th, and it was hands down the best date of my life. It wasn't as detailed as the date I planned for him, but he was right when he said that his day would be way better than mine. First, he brought me to Gucci to pick out a new wallet and then we strolled around Fashion Valley for a while because he said we needed to kill time. Unfortunately in that time, we got into a bit of an argument and I honestly thought our anniversary was ruined. I fell asleep in the car thinking that we were headed home, but to my surprise,  I wake up about an hour later and we're parked in a lot by the Pier in Downtown San Diego. Because of our fight and my ruined my makeup, I was in no mood to leave the car, but he forced me out and told me that we were boarding in 10 minutes. Boarding what? We weren't speaking to each other so I had no clue what he meant, but I caught on to what he had planned for us that evening. It became quite obvious that we were boarding the renown Hornblower Yacht. I was literally nervous with excitement, but it killed me because we were mad at each other and we couldn't share that excitement as were stepping on the boat. Our dining area was classically elegant, our table was perfect because he reserved the one with the best view, the staff continuously greeted us "happy anniversary!', romantic music was playing in the background...  everything just got to me. I only lasted about 5 minutes before I started crying. I was so overwhelmed because everything was so perfect and i couldn't believe that he planned all this out just for me. I was filled with regret after realizing how harsh I was to him before we boarded and the pain he must be feeling thinking that all his efforts for this very moment were wasted because of some stupid disagreement. We couldn't bare the silent treatment any longer and this beautiful moment just could not go to waste. We agreed to step outside on the deck where the view was even more breathtaking, and after one long dramatic speech from him, I forgave him... which I should've done sooner. "Every moment you spend upset is a moment of happiness that you'll never get back." We realized that it was foolish of us to continue to be mad at each other, when he had the most romantic night waiting to be lived. We enjoyed the rest of the night and it couldn't have been any more perfect than it was.

We agreed to forget about the argument we had earlier that day because its not how we want to remember our anniversary. But, I'm choosing to mention it now because I just realized the lesson it has taught me. I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. I think that ALL the events that occurred on this day were God's way of giving us both a taste of a beginning of a new year together. It was like our whole relationship was condensed into one day and we came out even stronger in the end. There will always be rough times and bumps in the road, but if we choose overcome any obstacle TOGETHER, life is just that much more beautiful because you have your soulmate to spend it with.

We weren't able to take lots of photos because we were too busy having the time of our lives (;
Photos taken by Charles / Edited by me

1 comments:

  1. I love that you are honest about your argument. It's nice that you share that aspect about your relationship. I especially enjoyed your lesson. Hope you have another GREAT year.

    ReplyDelete