Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FAME SS2013 San Jose

I was overwhelmed with excitement when I was invited to become a vendor at this season's F.A.M.E. SS2013 event in San Jose. "F.A.M.E. is a bi-annual event that strives to collectively gather fashion, art, and music to exhibit the work of passionate artists of every caliber and every medium." I was personally invited by the coordinator of the event, Bobbi Vie, to also be one of the few selected designers to take part in the fashion show. This was a beyond amazing experience that opened up my business to new opportunities as well as connections, and I also met dozens of new creative and talented people. I have to send out a huge thank you to Bobbi Vie, Nicole Szeto, and the FAME crew for allowing my small business to take part in this spectacular event. The crowd exceeded my expectations and to say my hard work paid off is definitely an understatement.

The fashion show and the Candid L.A. booth was a huge success and I couldn't have done without the help of Charles, my best friend Kirsten and her boyfriend Paul, as well as my brother and cousins. I can't thank them enough for making this trip possible and I honestly couldn't have done it without them. I have Kirsten to thank especially for helping me style the models for the show, organizing my booth, and being my "sales associate" hehe. I would have gone crazy without her. Last but not least, Charles was there for me 100%. While spending the whole month preparing for the event, he was there for me EVERY step of the way. He also supported me throughout the whole trip, despite how bossy and demanding I was lol. This was the first major event that my business has taken part in, so it was a challenge to put everything together... but I wouldn't have gotten this far without him. Even though he might not know it, I definitely consider him my business partner<3 (Creds to him for the photos!)

I'd do whatever it takes to be in the next F.A.M.E. Fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment